wanna golf course fun

Pages

The Kindness of Golf Strangers

http://golf-course-fun.blogspot.com/2005/12/the-kindness-of-golf-strangers.html

Day 52 without playing golf

The father of an ex-girl friend once told me (a la Will Rogers) that he never met a golfer he didn't like. He noted that, as a group, they're a good bunch of people -- usually kind and respectful and appreciative of a game that is often a window to one's character.

I tend to agree.

In what other walk of life do you join up with total strangers for four or five hours and consistently enjoy the experience and fellowship?

I mention this because I was touched by the kindness of a golf stranger who replied to my recent post about Florida and California being exceptional winter playgrounds for golf.

Anonymous wrote:

"I have an uncle who lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you're anything like he is, you can come stay with me in my house anytime you want for as long as you want. I live in Southern California with a golf course not more than five minutes from my house."

Thanks, whoever you are! Very kind and very cool.

And thanks to all of you who read this blog.

It's great to hang out with golfers, even if it's only in the golf blogosphere and not on the golf course.

The Armchair Golfer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Support by: Informasi Gadget Terbaru - Dewa Chord Gitar | Lirik Lagu - Kebyar Info
Copyright © 2014 wanna golf course fun Design by SHUKAKU4RT - All Rights Reserved