wanna golf course fun

Pages

Chalk One Up for the Golf Deprived

http://golf-course-fun.blogspot.com/2005/10/chalk-one-up-for-golf-deprived.html

Day 3 without playing golf

OK, let's get to the back nine.

(For those of you who haven't been following along, I halted a golfless streak of 168 days last Saturday. To recap, I hacked my way to a 47 on the front. I had four penalty strokes and a balky putter. My new Dunlop Crazy Long driver was crazy all right. I closed with a pair of pars and headed over to the tenth tee.)

The back nine at Great Oaks Country Club is tight with a lot of doglegs and blind shots.

I knew I needed to put the ball in play if I was going to do anything. The smartest move I made was to retire that new Dunlop Crazy Long driver for the day.

My drives started splitting the fairways and I began rolling putts half way decent. I birdied 10, a par five, nearly holing out for eagle from a greenside bunker (it hit the stick).

Par-par-birdie. Now I had a little mo.

Hitting fairways and greens, I made several pars and a couple of bogeys.

The only blemish was a double on a par five after a FOUR-PUTT from about 40 feet. I left my first putt short, ran my second putt by, and then JDed a two-footer.

Dumb.

Despite that damage, I carded a 39 on the back for an 86. Nice little comeback. Chalk one up for the golf deprived.

The Armchair Golfer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Support by: Informasi Gadget Terbaru - Dewa Chord Gitar | Lirik Lagu - Kebyar Info
Copyright © 2014 wanna golf course fun Design by SHUKAKU4RT - All Rights Reserved